Valentine’s Day usually brings to mind the simple pleasure of an evening out, a box of chocolates and a bouquet of freshly cut roses. However, if you are looking for a unique way to tell that special someone how much you love them, then a romantic surprise could be the romantic gift idea you’re looking for. Learn about romance and pick the perfect gift or surprise for your loved one this Valentine’s Day.
What is Romance?
While the definition of romance is pretty vague, it is generally understood that romance refers to the expression of love through words, deeds and gifts. There is really no wrong way to be romantic as long as you understand the difference between what is, and what is not romantic.
Listed below are a few examples of what is not romantic.
- Doing something that only one of you enjoys. For instance, if your special someone does not like guns, than taking him or her to the local gun and knife show is not going to be romantic.
- Watching horror, blood and gore or military type movies are not likely to be romantic. A movie choice that would be more romantic would be a love themed movie like “Sleepless in Seattle”.
- Unless your partner is a big sports fan, taking him or her to a ball game is not likely to be romantic.
Listed below are a few examples of what is romantic.
- An evening out. Plan a date at your favorite restaurant, see a romantic movie after dinner or maybe go dancing.
- Cuddle up on the couch and share stories or watch television. Again, pick something both of you will enjoy watching.
- Spend an evening at home, play games, cuddle in front of the fireplace or simply enjoy each other’s company. Do not turn on the television.
Romantic Surprises: How to Surprise Them on Valentine’s Day
When planning a romantic surprise you will want to do some brainstorming to come up with a surprise that your loved one will remember forever. A surprise can be something as simple as dinner out, or as elaborate as a weekend getaway.
The secret is in how you present the surprise. For instance, if you’re planning a romantic dinner for two, go that extra mile and send your lover a sweet text message, e-mail or online greeting card, with the time, location and dress requirements. Ask that they meet you there to avoid giving the surprise away to soon. For an added touch of romance, have a small I love you gift waiting for them when they arrive at the appointed place. A small gift or a flower corsage works nicely.
If you want to surprise your love with something a bit more extravagant you might plan a weekend or overnight stay at a romantic hotel. If you are unsure of what would be considered a romantic hotel then check the phone book for local bed and breakfast inn. Many bed and breakfasts have a honeymoon suite that would be considered very romantic. If you want to add a special touch to the weekend, buy her a new negligee or buy him a pair of sexy underwear or a new robe. Add a single red rose to the bed pillow.
Planning the perfect surprise isn’t hard but it does take some preplanning, a little bit of effort and a lot of heart.
Plan Romantic Surprises, Stay at a Romantic Hotel or Dream up the Perfect Romantic Gift Idea
Learning to be romantic is not as difficult as it sounds. If you put some extra thought and effort into buying a gift or planning a special romantic outing, you are sure to create an event that your loved one will remember and treasure forever. Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to experiment with romance by planning a romantic surprise, staying at a romantic hotel, or finding the perfect romantic gift for her or for him.