Many people throw housewarming parties when they move into a first home or a new home. If a person is moving into their first home there may be a large variety of items that he will need. If a person is moving into a new home, but has been living on his own for quite some time, he may not need as much stuff. It may be helpful to ask the person if there are items that are needed before you make a gift purchase.
The person throwing the housewarming party may be listed on a gift registry at a local store. If this is the case, it may be best to purchase your gift from the chosen store. They will have a list of items that he needs and when an item is purchased it is taken off the list. This leaves less a chance for duplicate gifts. If the person isn’t on a gift registry, or you want to buy the person a different gift, the following gift ideas will be helpful.
- Purchase a large, wicker laundry basket. Fill the basket with items needed to do laundry. Some great items to fill the basket with include; laundry detergent, fabric softener, dryer sheets, stain remover, coat hangers and clothes pins.
- Fill a plastic caddy with the supplies needed for cleaning. There are many kinds of cleaning items that can be put in a cleaning caddy, but you may want to figure out if the person uses regular or green cleaners. Some great items to put into a caddy include; sponges, reusable rags, q-tips, a scrub brush, and window, bathroom and floor cleaners.
- If the person does not have a dishwasher some dish washing supplies would make a great gift. Fill a dish drainer with dish cloths, dish towels, sponges and dish soap. If the person does have a dishwasher you can fill a decorative basket with detergent, sponges, dish cloths and dish towels.
- There are many bathroom related item that people use on a frequent basis. Fill a box with toilet paper, q-tips, toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion and band aids. Wrap the box in decorative paper.
- Another great bathroom idea is to fill a hamper with items needed to decorate the room. Good items to put into the hamper include; a shower curtain, shower curtain hooks, a floor rug, a soap dish, a toothbrush holder, towels, washcloths, hand towels and a shower caddy.
There are many different gift ideas for a housewarming party. If the person is on a gift registry at a local store, it would be easiest to purchase a gift from the list. If he is not registered then you will want to pick out a gift yourself.